Online user and donor privacy
This Policy applies to interactions with www.waterforavillage.net website and discloses our information gathering and dissemination practices as set out in accordance with the Personal Information Protection Act 2004.
WFAV will only record an individual’s email address and/or contact details if they subscribe to one of our newsletters or make a donation.
- We only collect, use or disclose information in circumstances that include where:
- we have received your consent to do so;
- it is necessary for our business purposes or is allowed by law;
- it is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of a legal claim;
- Australian Law or a court/tribunal order; or
- when a permitted general situation or permitted health situation applies.
You can access www.waterforavillage.net and browse without disclosing personal information.
Our website utilises “cookies” to record information about your preferences and activities on our website to help us communicate with you more effectively.
We may use the information collected about you online to:
- analyse and improve our website for other users
- provide you with additional marketing communication on other websites and social media channels as you browse the internet
We use an online newsletter service, MailChimp, to hold and manage our email newsletter subscriptions. You can opt into our subscription communications online.
When subscribing, you may provide personal information, such as your name and email address and other statistical information that allows us to ensure the information you receive is relevant to your interests. This may include:
- your general location and/or postcode
- your primary interest in WFAV
We collect personal information in relation to donations and as required to by law. We will only disclose personal information if it is necessary for the purpose of providing updates to the Donor or complying with our legal obligations.
- request access to and seek correction of their personal information held by WFAV at any time. To make this request, please email email@example.com.
- make a complaint in relation to a breach of their privacy
At all times, privacy complaints will be treated seriously, and dealt with promptly and confidentially.
WFAV considers for the purpose of this policy and WFAV procedures the definition of:
- Personal Information is any information about you where it can be associated to you as an identifiable individual. Personal Information collected and held by us generally includes your basic information such as your name, email address, contact phone number but may also includes statistical information such as your postcode and area of residence.
- A Cookie is a piece of data that is sent to your browser, which may then be stored on your computer. Cookies generally allow the website you are browsing to interact more efficiently with your computer or enable specific functions within our website for you to make use of. Cookies can also assist with our internet security to assist in keeping you safe on the internet and help us measure the performance of our website.
- the WFAV Team’ refers to all paid and unpaid workers of WFAV including Contractors engaged by WFAV.